get 2 fresh cds, i had the same problem, fresh cds fixed this

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jon Doe
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2001 5:22 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Installing LM 7.2 on a Sony Vaio Laptop

On Sunday 18 March 2001 12:16 am, you wrote:
> You know, I had similar problems when I installed Mandrake 7.2 on my
> machine. I had 7.1 on there operating fine.  I decided to format my drive,
> and add 7.2 fresh, because I wanted the custom install, and because I had
> not customized 7.1 because it didn't recognize my modem.  Anyway, to get
> the point, what I found is my copy of Mandrake 7.2 had some corrupt files
> on it, and when I figured it was star office, GTex, and some other
package,
> I just unselected those packages when installing.  Does it seem to get to
> the same point, or get to the same package when it hangs up?  Cause if it
> does, it could be a bad package, and you might need to not install it from
> cd and just download it later.

I had and still have this same problem, I do get it installed but have to
manualy install the bad packages. It continues when I press go on.
It is different packages everytime. I checked the bios and everything was
fine. I have been told it is the CD or CD-Rom being bad that causes this.
I know that can't be it cause this happens with nothing else and I have a
brand new CD-RW that it happens on also. I can install 7.1 , RedHat and
Win98SE with no probs. I also have a cheapbytes 7.2 that does this also and
the downloaded 7.2 iso's that I burned do the same. I am convinced it is not
my hardware or software. Although many would disagree with me.