I just install a HP 9350i (used to have a Memorex 1622) and it has totally
messed up my 7.2.
During the boot, it hangs for about 5 minutes during the mnt drives section
(with or without a cd in
it).  When I access the file tools in the mnt directory after it finally
starts it locks that program up and
I have to Xkill it.
If I turn the drive off in the bios (ide secondary) everything works fine.
I have gone into config and
told it not to mnt the drive at bootup, but it still hangs up if the ide
secondary is turned on.
I have completely formatted the drives and reinstall 7.2 (install goes
fine).
It also will not shut down properly with the drive on.
For whatever reason, I installed Corel Linux and it works fine with the
drive, but I prefer Mandrake's.
Any ideas, suggestions, etc?
Thanks in advance,
Donald Wright
P.S.  No I don't want to give you the drive and put my 1622 back in, so
don't suggest that!  :)

---