On Thursday 22 March 2001 19:48, my mailbox was honoured by a missive from
you that said :

> Xpp works fine -- until I shut down the workstation. When I start it
> again and try to print it responds with "Can't connect to CUPS server."
> If I su to root and type "service cups start" it works again -- until I
> shut down the workstation. Then I am right back to  "Can't connect to
> CUPS server."
>
> I looked through the archives of both the newbie and expert mailing
> lists and found a number of messages related to CUPS and the "Can't
> connect..." response but none of them really matched this situation.
>
> Any suggestions?

Check that CUPS is activeted at startup time ?

(Configuration==>Draxconf==>Startup services

Make sure the box for cups is checked.

Cheers,

Ron the Frog, on the banks of the Paraguay River.
--
                        Genius may have its limitations,
                     but stupidity is not thus handicapped.