hi...  let me see if i understand you correctly.  "D" drive is not seen in Linux or
Win, yes?  first off, do you have anything on D that you need?  if not, this is what i
would do.

linux, as root or su
run diskdrake.
it will find your partitions and all.
select the D partition.
oh, use diskdrake in 'advanced' mode
the D partition will not be mouted (if it is, unmount it)
hit the 'change type' button
change it to fat32
hit the 'format' button
format it
hit the 'mount' button
it will ask for a mount path, give it where you want linux to mount it.
hit 'write fstab'
disk drake will write an fstab with your D drive in it.
exit linux, start windows.  i expect it to be there now.
if not...  i'm not sure what is going on    =)
next time you start linux, it will be there as you have updated your fstab.

now, if your D had data on it you need, don't do this.   =)
someone smarter than me might have to help you in that case.

i hope this solves your problem

Adrian Smith
'de telepone dude
Telecom Dept.
x 7042
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> "Jeffrey Sparks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 9:16:09 AM 3/28/01 >>>
Not STRICTLY a Linux issue, but here goes:

I got Mandrake 7.1 up & running pretty much the way it should (gotta get kmail
configured, but that's betweeen me & Comcast). When I partitioned the drive (20GB IDE)
I set up two partition as WinFAT (C & D). I did this by shrinking the C drive with was
the whole kit & kaboodle down to about 1.8GB then made a 2nd WIN partition (D) about
the same size. The rest I gave to Linux. Long story short, "D" doesn't mount. Dual
booting, etc. runs fine, but there's only about 350MB left on C:\ & I need the D:\ for
Win98 disk space. When I check 'du' in Linux, the total partitions (including Windoze)
adds up to 18.3GB, meaning that 1.7 is out there, it just won't mount in W98 or Linux.
How do I get that running as an active (though not bootable) drive/partition? Thanks!