If you are infact using Lilo as your bootloader, the best way to remove it
especially where Win2k in conserned is to boot to linux. From the command
line, or open a terminal and su to root, then uninstall lilo with the
command /sbin/lilo -u. This not only will remove Lilo but will also restore
any boot record you had at the time lilo was installed.

   Charles

Forever never goes beyond tomorrow.