hi
i have checked
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/Networking/IPmasq/pages/ipmasq3.php3 and used
the documentation to install pmfirewall. i'm connected throught
adsl modem and to get into outer web i have to ouse the isp's site (login1.telia.com)
to log on else i have no connection at all. during configuration i even added
login.telia.com as a "friendly" net which can
get in.
the installation (after second time) ended with : "can not creat normal file
"/usr/man/man8/pmfirewal.8.bz2" : file or folder does not exist.
now when i run netscape or anyother browser it just reloads in an endless loop and
never loads the page.
is there anything i can do or not to do in order to get online ?
where can i find the logs about intruders/bad packages that been sent to me?
i even need to know how to block ip ranges i.e 194.165.8.0 - 194.165.9.255 since many
abusers from that ip range tried to hack me n their admin says as long as they pay for
account he won't move a finger.
plz feel free to send me all your thought and suggestions or i have to read
ipchains-howto all over again without understanding it.
thanks
Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/