From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2001 1:14 PM
Subject: [newbie] ipchains n pmfirewall

> hi
> i have checked
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/Networking/IPmasq/pages/ipmasq3.php3
and used the documentation to install pmfirewall. i'm connected throught
> adsl modem and to get into outer web i have to ouse the isp's site
(login1.telia.com) to log on else i have no connection at all. during
configuration i even added login.telia.com as a "friendly" net which can
> get in.
> the installation (after second time) ended with : "can not creat normal
file "/usr/man/man8/pmfirewal.8.bz2" : file or folder does not exist.
> now when i run netscape or anyother browser it just reloads in an endless
loop and never loads the page.
> is there anything i can do or not to do in order to get online ?
> where can i find the logs about intruders/bad packages that been sent to
me?
> i even need to know how to block ip ranges i.e 194.165.8.0 - 194.165.9.255
since many abusers from that ip range tried to hack me n their admin says as
long as they pay for account he won't move a finger.