Open DrakConf, and try changing: Type or monitor and resolution.  I have the
same onboard card use Sis620.  Try using 1024 x  768 with 16 bits.

Only use 4 MB for graphic card this is enough for this resolution, remember
test each change before you finish or you need reinstall Linux how happend
to me.

Simon