From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf
Of Tim Holmes
Sent: Wednesday, 11 April 2001 12:56 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Intel inside Idiot outside

I've found that O'Reilly is a HUGE source help as well.  I'd suggested
to most anyone the "Linux in a Nutshell" book.  I believe it's in it's
3rd edition right now.  It goes through and covers a lot of the commands
and then gives examples for them.  Which I know a lot of people find
helpful.

Also, look for Linux User Groups, (LUG) in your area.  I know the one
here does Install Fests.  Where you can bring in a machine, and people
provide Linux distros, as well as help you install Linux on your
machine.  LUG's also have mailing lists like this one.  Where you can
email people in your area and possibly set up meetings with some of them
to help you out.  I know quite a few people that truly benefit from the
LUG's in their area.  I know most universities have one of their own.
There are 2 universities and one community college in my area, all 3
have LUGs and hold monthly meetings about various topics.  That's a HUGE
source of learning right there.

As for online, start with www.mandrakesoft.com/  From there they have
links to tons of other Mandrake sites like www.mandrakeuser.org and
others.  Most providing searchable documentation, mailing lists, and
articles about various Linux topics.  I've found them very helpful and
they have helped me start the transition from being a newbie to an
"psuedo-expert." :0)

You could also find books on CD that might be more helpful and you can
search the CD for information.

Hope that helps!
tdh

T. Holmes
Unixtechs.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Real Men use Vi."

* Mcintosh, Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010410 09:13]: