[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> .. hi .. I´m a new user of linux .. I installed a
> linux Mandrake 7.0 .. and the installation was a
> succesfull but my modem don´t fuction .... the model
> of my modem is : HSP micromodem 56k PCI.. of PCtel ...
> mi computer have the next characteristics:
Unfortunately..., an HSP modem is a winmodem.  To get your modem to work, your best
bet is to get a real modem (my preference is for an external, but an ISA with jumpers
should also work).  There are SOME PCI modems that are hardware modems, but the
majority are NOT.  You can try going to linuxmodem.org to see if there is a work
around for your modem, but you're still *MUCH* better off with a real modem IMHO.
Mike
--
"Many loads of beer were brought. What disorder, whoring, fighting, killing, and
dreadful idolatry took place there."