Howdy im running 3 mandrake systems in my lan with very good experiences .
First i have a small 150 mhz intel with 32 MB RAM and two networkcards one
going to my cable modem the other going to my hub acting as firewall running
mandrake 7.1 for over a year nonstop with no probs at all .
The second machine is a fast 700Athlon (the real athlon) with 3x64 MB RAM
a geforce2, firewire adaptor a quantum 8G HD booting windows 98SE (cause of
the firewire adaptor which doesnt show up under MDK 8) and a seagate 20G HD
booting MDK 8 .
The third is a Sony Vaio 505 with external pcmcia cdrom (which i dont use
cause the slot is busy with a NIC) on this one i run MDK 8 aswell using
blackbox cause i have only 32 MB RAM.
Well i have a few probs on the main machine (athlon) first : when i download
big data (an iso image of mdk) via ftp it wont take it to the end actually
the downloads always succeed but it wont stop, it stops moving at 100%, lets
say 650 of 650 MB are in but the transfer still shows stalled at the last
byte.
The second prob showed a few days ago when i was in console mode logged in as
a normal user  suddenly this message popped up:
Apr 10 00:53:34 desktop kernel: hdc: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady
SeekComplete Error }
Apr 10 00:53:34 desktop kernel: hdc: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError
BadCRC }
Apr 10 00:53:34 desktop kernel: hdc: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady
SeekComplete Error }
Apr 10 00:53:34 desktop kernel: hdc: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError
BadCRC }
Apr 10 00:53:35 desktop kernel: hdc: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady
SeekComplete Error }
Apr 10 00:53:35 desktop kernel: hdc: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError
BadCRC }
Apr 10 00:53:35 desktop kernel: hdc: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady
SeekComplete Error }
Apr 10 00:53:35 desktop kernel: hdc: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError
BadCRC }
Apr 10 00:53:35 desktop kernel: hdc: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady
SeekComplete Error }
Apr 10 00:53:35 desktop kernel: hdc: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError
BadCRC }
Apr 10 00:53:35 desktop kernel: hdc: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady
SeekComplete Error }
Apr 10 00:53:35 desktop kernel: hdc: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError
BadCRC }
Apr 10 00:53:35 desktop kernel: hdd: DMA disabled
Apr 10 00:53:35 desktop kernel: ide1: reset: success

hdc is the windows drive
hdd is a burner and i run it as a normal cdrom
(somehow MDK has not activated the scsi emulation i think its because of my
iomega parallel zip which needs that too i think they steal eachothers scsi
assignment and the zip wins) anyway i get some unresolved symbols at bootup
but i can use the cddrive as hdd with no problem.

If anyone knows what this could be tell me im quite new to linux (amazed with
its features).
About the ftp transfer problem, the firewall filters everything exept ssh and
ftp could it be some issue with that ?

Last question is there a program what can visualize all network traffik on
the firewall (like iptraf) just that i have a overview over all services ,
users logged in and activities also it should be able to admin the activities
like fast interference etc.
Well thanx for answers hope you can help .
Florian Struck