On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 09:18:12AM -0700, Tyrak Sunstorm wrote:
> detect the card properly, but when I try to assign an
> IP address, it doesn't take.  I can't ping the address
> of the card I assign, or the default gateway.  I can

It makes sense that if you can't ping the card itself, you won't be able
to ping the gateway.  Post the results of the following:
ifconfig
route -n
ls /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

Then (as root) run 'ifup eth0' and see what results you get.  All of
this can be done from the standard config utils, but I want to see ALL
error messages that might appear.
--
Blue skies...           Todd
| Get a bigger hammer!   |  Sometimes you get what you want.      |