-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of franki Vianet

Hi everyone,,

I get randomly disconnected from my ISP and when I check the
/var/log/messages, I find this...

pppd [3128]: Hangup (SIGHUP)
pppd[3128]: Modem Hangup

I did not tell it to disconnect, it just did,    what would be causing this?
anyone know?

I have just read the pppd man, and mentions that being sent a sighup will
reset the connection,, but I didn't send it.

how can I find out what is cauing this?   (it happens at random, sometimes
within two minutes, sometimes 8 hours,, but it always happens eventually.)

any help would be most seriously appreciated.

Kindest regards

Frank
Perth WA