Windows 95/98/ME must be installed to hda1.
Win2k can during installation be installed to a partition
other than hda1.

Once any version of Windows has been installed as long as you
use a third party bootloader; BootMagic, SystemCommander, Lilo,
Grub or other, Windows can be moved to Any partition on Any hd
and will boot and run normally.

   Charles  (-:

Forever never goes beyond tomorrow.