I just wanted to update the group on this issue.

For those of you that use Mutt, you know how customizable it is via
your .muttrc file.  Well that's where the problem was.

In the .muttrc you can specify who you are, your email address and the
organization that you belong to.  The lines would look something like
this.

my_hdr From: Tim Holmes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
my_hdr Organization: UNIXTECHS ORG
my_hdr Reply-To: Tim Holmes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Well there's often another line in the .muttrc that tell tells it to remove
all "extra" headers as well. That looks like this.

unmy_hdr *

Well, from what I've been told by others, if you have the line for unmy_hdr
in your .muttrc, it will ignore error messages that you may have from reading
the .muttrc.

That's what allowed the problem to slip through, but the problem was caused
by the line for Organization.  If you leave my_hdr Organization: blank, it
causes an error.  It will allow you to open your mailbox and move around in
them and read messages, and even right them, but as soon as you try and send
them, you recieve a lovely segment fault, and sometimes a core is dumped.

Instead of just ignoring the blank field is dies on you.  Personally this being
the case is completely retarded, but that's just me.  I spent almost an entire
day trying to figure out why I had two users, that would continue to get segment
faults each time they sent mail.  But 5 other users were just fine!  That's what
pointed me towards the .muttrc.

After rebuilding my .muttrc file line by line, (Which was a pain in the @%$ if you
ask me!) and finally found that it was the Organization line that was causing my
problem.  I removed that line, and the problem is gone.  I think the people with
mutt were retarded for doing that!  But again... that's just me.

On another note, I found a way to turn off Aurora, and I suggest that it is
done, as well as leaving failsafe in your boot menu, as I've seen it come in
handy several times.

Thanx for listen'n! :0)
tdh

T. Holmes
Unixtechs.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Real Men use Vi."

* Tim Holmes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010422 06:25]: