I guess it would have been smart for me to include that now wouldn't it
have? lol

Well, here goes.

Open up DrakConf or the Mandrake Management what-have-you thingie on the
Desktop in KDE.  Upon logging in as the root user, if you're not already,
select the boot menu.  It gives you two different windows as I recall.
The one yo'ure looking for is "Boot Config."  In there you have an option
to turn off Aurora.  You can even configure the LiLO/GRUB prompt.  Whether
it's graphical or just text based.

I know one colleague that loves the Aurora boot screen, personally I can't
stand it! lol  Hope that helps.  (I'd provide a screen shot, but I don't
have screen shot taking software on my Solaris SPARC at work.)
tdh

T. Holmes
Unixtechs.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Real Men use Vi."

* michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010426 15:00]: