I had 7.1 set up as a dual boot on my CTX notebook. The bios will see
something around 6G max on the harddrive. I installed a 10G HD that I had
prepartitioned into 2 5G drives. I have windows on the first and had 7.1 on
the second. Since I hadn't really gotten very far into setting up 7.1, I
deleted the partition that it was on and started to install 8. During the
unpacking of "Linux", it gives me a crc error. I grabbed the iso from
another site (thinking I had a bad copy) and tried it again. It stopped at
the same point.

  The 7.1 install that I ran from windows worked great. Now I'm wondering if
this new install from the bootup floppy is conflicting with the way I have
the HD set up. Anyone have any ideas?

Lon Lentz
Applications Developer & CyberEntomologist - Alvion Technologies
DataWarehousing and List Sales - Market Your Lists on the Net!
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
941-574-8600 Ext. 210