I noticed that the version of gcc included with mdk
8.0 offers some athlon specific optimizations.
Currently my system rebuilds src.rpms and source from
tar balls as i686.  How can I tell the compiler to use
athlon optimizations?

I've looked through the rpm website, the gcc manuals,
the LDP and the mdk newbie and expert lists but I
haven't been able to find a straight forward answer to
this question.  I'm hopiong that it isn't becasue
there isn't one ;-)

I'd really apporeciate any information that anyone has
about this.

Thanks folks!

Abe

=====
Jesus saves.
Allah forgives,
Cthulu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.