----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Pithers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jon Doe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2001 2:06 AM
Subject: RE: [newbie] Toshiba PCX1100U USB cable modem on linux?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jon Doe
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2001 11:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Does anyone know or have experience with whether or not the Toshiba
PCX1100U USB cable modem will work with Mandrake? Any links to info?

My Motherboard NIC doesn't work and installing my Lynksys LNE100TX
just frezes both Win98SE, WinME and Hardrake in 7.2 and 8.0.

This is my last ditch effort to put Linux-Mandrake back on here, hate
that M$ crap.

Jon,

I am using the same modem with Minnesota Road Runner, but couldn't get it
going under USB.  Instead Iam using a 3Com 3C905C-TX Ethernet card with it,
having had no luck with the Linksys.  Mandrake 7.2 and the other Linux
systems I have on my box also recognised it straight away, and to my
surprise Corel Linux did the whole thing automatically, about the first
thing it has got right!  Hope this has been some use to you, good luck!

Roger