It was Mon, 07 May 2001 10:44:51 +0300 when Alexandropoulou Alexandra wrote:

>In a desperate effort to learn linux please tell me whether you know:
>- Where should I put the libraries needed to run a model? Is it in the
>model's directory or root?
>-Have I understand correctly that the install file (windows) is makefile in
>linux

Hi Alexandra,

I don't know what you mean by 'models', so I will leave that for another
person.

The install in Mandrake Linux is made easy by RPM's . Those are files that
contain almost everything you need to install a program. Just open it as root,
through RPMDRAKE or Kpackage, and you can quickly install it.
The other way is through downloading the source files, using 'tar' to unpack
them, and then go through configure (./configure), make and make install to
get the program installed.

Paul

--
The chains of marriage are so heavy that it takes two to carry them,
and sometimes three.

http://nlpagan.net -  Registered Linux User 174403
       Linux Mandrake 7.2 - Sylpheed 0.4.65

  • ... Michael D. Viron