I have Mandrake 7.2 installed as a primary operating system on one of my pc's
-- and I have an Iomega USB ZIP 100 drive.  For one brief moment when I first
installed 7.2 the drive worked but not since.

Mount tells me that :

/mnt/zip on /mnt/zip type supermoutn (rw, fs=vfat, /dev=/dev/zip)

When I look in the device file I see ZIP --> sda4

When I attempt to access the drive (e.g., cd /mnt/zip or cd /dev/zip) I get
either:

bash: cd: /mnt/zip: Input/output error

or: bash: cd: /dve/zip: Not a directory

or  /mnt/zip is not a block device.

Iomega has drivers which are supposed to work with Mandrake 8.0 (which I
don't have the bandwidth to download here in the boonies), and I have seen a
USB zip work on Red Hat (bite my tongue!!) so I know it CAN be done.

Any help or suggestions would be more than appreciated as I need the zip
drive to transfer files from my Windows PC (the old slow one) to this new
Linux only pc.

Charles Wackerman
Carthage, NC
--