On Wednesday 09 May 2001 05:44, A. Rick Anderson wrote:
> I successfully installed several versions of 7.2, including the latest freq
> pack.  However, the install program for 8.0 won't recognize either my
> trackpoint, nor an attached PS/2 mouse.  I've tried both.
>
> I am running on a IBM Thinkpad 600 with Max memory (298 MBytes I
> believe).  PS/2 Mouse support seems like a bizarre thing to break on a new
> OS release.

Speaking of bizarre things, all the other distros are activating the
lm_sensors module by default.  The IBM laptop owners who try to check battery
power are in for a factory-return-for-new-motherboard level surprise.

You will not find the lm_sensors loaded or activated by default on this
distro.

The bugfix for PS/2 keyboard without PS/2 mouse freezing the install was
responsible for breaking this one.  Since IBM has less than 5% market share
on laptops, we don't have one readily available for testing.

However, I did test an install and it worked fine, using

F1 at the splash screen....

Then typing "text expert" without the quotes

Then proceeding with text install...

Civileme