Sorry (being a smart ass), you can't buy civilizationII, you have to get
it for free (FreeCiv).  Seriously, although I like the original
Civilization better than Civ II, FreeCiv is a very good "clone" of
CivII.  You will have to get past the client/server thingie though.  If
you have trouble, post again.  (FreeCiv comes with Mandrake 7.0 and 7.2,
and I presume with any Mandrake since 7.0.)

The Gimp is often described as a good graphic program, and perhaps a
suitable substiture for Photoshop.  (I've never used either.)  The
others I can't help you with.

Randy Kramer