I like to have a partition for my web tree, and other Documents. so I make a
/usr partition
/ partition
and a swap partition.
There are lots of ways to do it, and everyone has their own opinion, but the
basic gist is that you can reinstall on the root partition without affecting
your /usr partition. When you put in the new upgrade on / all your documents
will be right there where you left them in /usr
you might also want to include a /home partition for user documents and
sites. Or a /var to preserve apache and mysql, etc. files

Darin
--
WIN A TRILLION: $1,000,000,000,000.00 at MoonBughead.com
http://MoonBughead.com/contest/