Boy, and I thought my VooDoo 5500 was a pain to config in LM 8.0 for 3D
accel.  I only wasted 2 days on the VooDoo to get it working - 6 days and
counting for my Matrox G450 so far (2nd machine btw).

I've read all of the threads on the Matrox forum pages, and no one else seems
to have encountered the same problem I have - hence my post to this list :-)

Here's the scoop ...

Gears loads, and seems to work fine - fps rates are much higher than my
VooDoo 5500.  However, the mga, and agpgart modules refuse to load regardless
of what changes I make to my BIOS, cards in or out of my system, or LM
config.  Of course w/o these modules 3D accel is non existant.

The error messages I am receiving are ...

# insmod mga

Using /lib/modules/2.4.3-20mdk/kernel/drivers/char/drm/mga.o.gz
lib/modules/2.4.3-20mdk/kernel/drivers/char/drm/mga.o.gz: init_module: Cannot
allocate memory
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters

# insmod agpgart
Using /lib/modules/2.4.3-20mdk/kernel/drivers/char/agp/agpgart.o.gz
/lib/modules/2.4.3-20mdk/kernel/drivers/char/agp/agpgart.o.gz: init_module:
No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters

Has anybody else seen these errors, and solved them?  Any guidance would be
much appreciated.

System specs are:

Athlon 1333/266 FSB
Biostar M7M Mobo