I don't have any suggestions on troubleshooting your cable modem, but a
suggestion -- why don't you use rsync to try to correct the downloaded
iso rather than repeating the entire download.

If you need help setting it up, write back with the URL of the mirror
you use (and ideally, the complete path to the iso you're trying to
download).

rsync cuts down on bandwidth usage which speeds up your transfer and
reduces bandwidth usage on the Internet.

Hope this helps,
Randy Kramer