You MAY get X 3.3.6 to load with the "nv" driver using
a GeForce 2 MX, but if you want 3D accelartion (Open
GL), you must use Nvidia's drivers from nvidia.com.
Nvidia's drivers REQUIRE X 4 to work.  The
instructions on the site specifically state that they
will not work for X 3.  So, you are probably out of
luck with that.