I have a Logitech cordless Mouseman+ which gave me
wheel problems.  As a work around, I was able to get
the mouse to work by first selecting the Logitech
Mouseman driver.  Then I cancelled out and chose the
Generic PS/2 with Wheel driver.  That worked
perfectly.  If I chose the generic driver before the
logitech driver, all hell broke loose.

This is weird, but it worked for me.  Choose logitech,
cancel, and choose generic with wheel.  Give it a
shot.  Who knows?