That kind of depends on what you want to do.  For just
general C and C++ standard API stuff, you could use
either man pages (which I use as a last resort), or
any books that you would have on the standard library
would work (Linux sticks to standards like POSIX and
ANSI for threads, etc., so you don't need to learn any
weird proprietary API's).  If you're planning on doing
development in the KDE, there are two areas you'll
want to look at.  First, check out the Qt library at
www.trolltech.com and click on "Reference Doc." under
"Resources" (while you're there, you might want to
download Qt Designer); next, you'll want to head over
to www.kde.org and www.kdevelop.org, so that you can
write full blown KDE apps easily.  There are links to
tutorials on Qt and KDE programming at all of these
sites (and Qt even works in Windows!!!).  If you're in
to graphics programming, you may want to check out
www.libsdl.org.  It has links to some fantastic
tutorials involving OpenGL.  If you just want to do
plain PHP/Perl stuff, go on www.google.com and type
"PHP tutorial", or "perl tutorial"; you're bound to
come up with tons of matches.  If you're planning on
doing Java stuff, download Java from blackdown
(www.blackdown.org), and use the API docs from
java.sun.com.  Hope this has been helpful.  Have fun
messing with your new system!