Ron Phelps wrote:

> I recently installed 7.2 and have the following problem when I boot.
>
> If I don't have a zip disk in the drive when I boot, the message "hdd:
> lost interrupt" repeatedly prints on the screen and the boot process
> stalls. At this point if I put a disk in the drive I still get the "lost
> interrupt" message.
>
> Under 7.0 I also got this message but the boot process continued after
> displaying this message just once at each bootup.
>
> I don't want to have a zip disk in the drive each time I boot.
>
> Does anyone have a solution? Is this related to automount?

The message does not seem to have anything to do with the zip drive as
the zip drive normally mounts on sda4 and not hdd. Please submit your
/etc/fstab file.

It would be of help to see the exact sequence of error messages. See what
you can find inte the syslog and/or errorlog

I use automount and I have a zip drive, but I never saw any message like
this.

/Serafim