thanks to everyone who has helped me with this. i've now managed to extract the tar
file but the instructions say to add the location of the sdk to the PATH settings.
Where do i find path to modify it?

i'm slowly but surely getting the hang of this. Looking forward to getting this up and
running now.

mike

>I have not followed this discussion, but if you have a tar.gz file and you
>unzip it first, then you don't need the 'tar xvzf' command, but just the
>'tar xvf' command (since it is just a .tar file)
>To unpack a tar.gz in one command you could use 'tar xvzf'
>See 'man tar' for more information.
>
>Concerning this java sdk .bin-file:
>This is a shell script, which automatically extracts the files for you, so
>try chmod to 755 and then execute it.
>
>Regards,
>
>Leander

"...Who's the big winner tonight...?  Mikey!  Mikey wins!  Mikey's the big
winner...!"- Trent "Double Down" (Vince Vaughn)
www.mp3.com/pherellcommunic8ns      TECHNO melbourne style. heard it yet? mike thinks
you should

Your Lowrider Community...     http://www.lowrider.com
Your Personalized Page Start Page...     http://my.lowrider.com