Hi everyone,,

I really miss redhats netcfg package, having used RH from version 4.3 up
until 7 when I switched to mdk7.2 I have used netcfg for nearly everything
up until now...

and now I don't have it anymore.

I personally think it is far better then mandrakes effort on 7.2 (dunno
about 8 yet) particularly with things like dialup and stuff, netcfg lets you
see what you have already, something missing from the "Network and Internet
configuration" from Mandrake....

I want it back, so I was wondering if I downloaded the rebuildable rpm from
redhats site... and rebuild and install it on a mandrake system,,, will it
work??

I find myself wanting to try this, but I don't want to risk it either...

I am not writing this to put down mandrake, I just want netcfg back....

can anyone help??

has anyone tried this?

regards

Frank