Yes, I successfully installed netcfg several months
ago on 7.2.  It should work.  In fact, every Red Hat
RPM that I've tried has worked with my Mandrake so
far.

If you have the choice, get the mdk rpm.  However, Red
Hat rpms do tend to work.  Afterall, mandrake does
claim to be red hat compatible.

To be safe, simply add the --test option to your rpm
command, like so:

rpm --rebuild --test netcfg*src.rpm

-or-

rpm --ivh --test netcfg*i386.rpm

That should warn you of any serious problems.