Thanx to everybody that replied.

I bought the mother board and I'm currently running on that machine now.
The only problem I had was making sure the NIC and the soundcard didn't
conflict with the other hardware, after I got that worked out, the machine
is up and running.  Quite I might add!  I didn't have any problems that I
had with isntalling Mandrake 8 this time that I Did the first time.

It may be me as well, but it seems that the drives are accessing a lot
faster on the Promise controller then they did previously with out!  And
to think I could add another 5 IDE devices if I choose! :0)

//MACHINE
accounts: 20
bogomips: 1710.48
cpu: AMD 6:AMD-Athlon(tm)-Processor/857
disk: 46463
kernel: 2.4.3-20mdk
key: 95321
memory: 255.921875
method: machine-update version 0.16
owner: 206266-58430
uniqueid: 97326857
uptime: 18:03
users: 1

When I bought the processor, I asked for the 850 THUNDERBIRD, but the
woman gave me the DURON.  Since she didn't charge me the THUNDERBIRD
price, I may just keep the machine as it is.

Thanx for all the help everybody!
tdh

T. Holmes
Unixtechs.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Real Men use Vi."

* Tim Holmes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010518 08:05]: