Ok my setup is Linux Mandrake 8 with a modem
connection to the net.  I'm using samba to share files
through eth0 with a windows 98se box.  All is working
well and I even have the net connection shared with
iptables but...

Ok after modprobing ip_conntrack, ip_conntrack_ftp,
ip_conntrack_irc, ip_nat_ftp, ip_nat_irc, and
ipt_unclean (unclean one being optimistic) I found
that I still can't do file trnsfers in AIM or use
NetMeeting or play Quake (online).  Well these things
I really need to do with the windows box so I was
thinking of trying a proxy server (squid?) but would
that solve my problem?  I'm really not familiar with
iptables and the man page doesn't seem to say anything
about how to get these different protocols going.  I
even installed the kernel source and looked through
the Documentation directy and in the net directory
(and read the source files for all the ipv4 modules)
but can't find anything...  Help would be greatly
appreciated.  Even ideas?