On Friday 25 May 2001 23:44, you wrote:
> Dear All,
> I have not been able to install the new cups 1.1.8. Has anyone successfully
> installed this in LM8?
>
> I am the one who has been asking for cups printing help for my Epson Stylus
> Color printer on LM8 for days now.
>
> I installed all of my cups rpm's from my LM8 again. Nothing is working I
> got everything configured and whenever I try to print it just pours out an
> endless stream of paper with gibberish. When I go to the terminal and do
> cancel or lprm it says that I cannot cancel lp. When I check into lpstat it
> shows nothing. Does anyone have any ideas? How can I cancel these jobs once
> this gets started?
>
> May I use a whole different printing system other than cups and how would I
> do that? How do I install the lpr system so that I that I do not need cups.
> I would appreciate any help. As of now I cannot print anything from Linux.
> My printing worked well in Lm 7 and Lm7.2.Thanks.
> Sincerely, Marcia

Marcia,
Don't know if this will help or if it has been suggested before. Have you
tried setting up your printer through kups (note the "k" - it's on the first
CD if you didn't install it) this gives you the
options for selecting your printer queue, make & model, ghostscript etc. I
see that there are a number of  Epson stylus printers listed there but I
don't remember which model your's is.

--

Poogle