On Sunday 27 May 2001 02:42, Alan Shoemaker wrote:
> Marcia Waller wrote:
> > Alan, how do I get my printing to work now with the lpd?
> > How do I choose, add, and configure printers with it? Is
> > printtools the gui for it? I really do not know the first
> > thing to do to get this started. Any help will be
> > appreciated. Thank you so much for your detailed
> > instructions. It seemed to all get installed. Sincerely,
> > Marcia
>
> Marcia....just open a console window, 'su -' to become root
> and execute printtool.  The setup is pretty simple and is
> what you were used to in 7.0 and pervious releases.

Dear Alan & All, I remember that my printing was not very good in LM7 but it
was better than what I got from cups in LM8. I just do not remember what I
did to get it going. I think I used linuxconf which I finally found in LM8. I
did find printtool and used it, then I found linuxconf and tried to do a test
page from there but nothing happened. It looks like my printer is setup but
nothing will print yet. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help. Sincerely,
Marcia

--
Marcia Waller