Simple--any free memory is immediately grabbed for cache and buffers to make
the system run faster...  When a program needs memory, some of the allocated
cache is freed for that program, then grabbed when the program is done or
when it releases the memory to the unallocated pool.

Unused memory is WASTED memory.  Your system is functioning as it should.

Civileme