Greetings all -

Hoping that someone can assist a total Linux neophyte with a "minor"?
install problem. I am trying to install Mandrake 8.0 on a Toshiba Tecra 8000
_laptop_. Using the standard installation with "recommended" devices
selected install proceeds fine until the monitor selection screen. No matter
what I select at this point in the process the system returns an error
"32bpp not supported". It appears that the installation program is only
listing 32bpp drivers... as I have tried many different selections to no
avail (same error) and sometimes this trial and error has caused the
installation to "hang".

What adapter should I select - or how can I get the installation to display
16bit drivers for X (as this is what the Toshiba supports... with 24bit
emulation possible)? Everything else in the installation appears to be fine
but I can't get past this monitor selection screen so the install never
finishes properly.. although it will boot to Linux after cancel (but with no
X windows or automatic X windows startup).

Hopefully this will be an easy fix! Thanks in advance for any info.

James