Dear s:

I used to be a Bellsouth ADSL customer -- for 2 years. They are
extremely unreliable.

Forget Bellsouth and switch to Earthlink/Mindspring's Covad ADSL. Covad
is available through their affiliates (Mindspring/Covad, Juno/Covad,
etc.). I highly, no, VERY HIGHLY recommend Covad, especially
Mindspring/Covad (which is now a subsidiary of Earthlink).
Extraordinarily reliable, solid, never or almost never goes down (with
25 free hours of dial-up in case it does. Only had to use it once in 4
months). Price: $40 per month. Speed: 1,250 or even 1,300 downstream
(you heard it right: 1,250-1,300 downstream), 315 upstream. Twice as
fast as Juno/Covad. Linux is supported unofficially. No problem. I also
use Internet Sharing connect our two compturers using LM 8.0's new
Internet Sharing (see my message on this posted earlier). Go Mindspring!
Go Covad! And, oh, I forgot, FREE INSTALLATION (you pay up front, you
get a full refund after it's installed). Hardware? Free modem, cables,
free NIC card. You can't beat that.

Benjamin

--
Sher's Russian Web