The mv command will perform that function.

For example, you take a JPEG named test.jpg and you want to name it background.jpg.
The
following command will do the trick for ya.

mv test.jpg background.jpg

It takes the test.jpg and moves it to the destination you specified.  This of course
works
with moving the file to another directory if needed.

mv test.jpg wallpappers/background.jpg

You can try doing that.  Hope that helps.
tdh

T. Holmes
UNIXTECHS.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]