Would you please CC the messages to the maillist too (as i did) ?
Ok, if you'r a newbie, and the installation is new for you, i'll explain
more :

When the system finishing the programs installation, it asks you
to configure the installation of LILO. If you'll follow the installation
without hurry, you'll see the dialog. It asks - where do you want
to install the LILO:

1. On the MBR (Master Boot Record) - you should pick this option
    if you want to use the LILO as your default OS Loader.
2. On 1st sector of first Linux partition (you better don't pick it)
3. On a floppy drive.

You should choose the 3rd option and insert an empty (better new)
diskette. It'll install the LILO. Then write with marker 'Linux'
on the diskette to remember, and keep it well from damage - it'll
be your only way to load your Linux OS.

Hope i helped
Feel free to mail any quesiton (i hope, i'll know the answer)

Michael