On Thu,  7 Jun 2001 21:36, Romanator wrote:
> Romanator wrote:
> > Paul wrote:
> > >
> > > It is ~/.xinitrc
> > >
> > > Paul
> > >
> > > --
> > > "If you think you can, you can.
> > > And if you think you can't, you're right."
> > > -Mary Kay Ash
> > >
> > > http://nlpagan.net -  Registered Linux User 174403
> > >        Linux Mandrake 7.2 - Sylpheed 0.4.66
> > >     ** http://www.care2.com - when you care **
>
> Is this ~/.xinitrc in my home directory? My home directory doesn't
> have this file.
> Should I log in as root?

How did you look at your home directory's contents? If you used a
graphical file manager (e.g. GMC, Nautilus, Konqueror), make sure it
is set to show hidden files (filenames beginning with a "." are
automatically hidden). If you used a terminal screen, make sure you
use the command "ls -a" instead of just a plain "ls". This
will show all files, so you should be able to see ~/.xinitrc.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson