On Sunday 10 June 2001 00:46, ivan miranda wrote:
> I ordered a LM8.0,however to my dismay,I could not proceed form one step
> of installation.The boot CD will boot ,after loading the Ram disk and it
> gives error and aborts the installation.I confirmed that it was a CD
> problem.However  LM support choose to ignore all my e-mails and
> fax asking for a replacement CD....not even a reply in spite of  quoting
> my registration ID.Then i spent three full days trying to down load
> cd1...and finally suceeded.
>                       My next problem is that ,the software cannot mount the SCSI cd
> drive.The SCSI card i have is BUSlogic BT-946C.The CD boots from the
> drive,BUs logic card is detected then it gives me an error saying "no
> Cdrom device found".I tried to boot from  a boot
> disk made with windoz and booted from it.Here also the SCSI card was
> detected,then i get an error saying"I could not mount a CD on device
> /dev/scd0".The CDrom i have is plexter PX-8XCS.However LM7.2 loads and
> runs verywell in this same setup.
>               I need some help on this.

OK as soon as you boot, hit ctrl-alt-f2 and "modprobe BusLogic" without the
quotes.

If that doesn't work, you will need to put the BusLogic driver (a kernel
module) on a floppy and hit F1 at the splash screen then type "expert"
(without the quotes) and put the floppy in at the next screen.

Civileme
QA Team