When I start portmap, everything is fine.  When I start netfs, (nfs) is not
in init.d, it says other filesystems mount: fs type nfs not supported by
kernel.  Does this mean I have to re-configure my kernel or up-grade?

Portmap is not in init.d on 7.2, netfs is.  When I started it, it said
mounting other file systems mount: nfs      [ok}  But all it did was place a
text file in my nfs directory telling me how to configure a server to serve a
number of clients.  I just want to share files between clients.  Is this even
possible?

Thanks,

Totally Lost