On Saturday 16 June 2001 11:46 am, you wrote:
> No, no Bill's richness means little to me. Perhaps he's right, only some
> need to do this.
> Of course, I didn't buy Office XP! It's all piracy - I rarely buy something
> legally. I know Dragon is the leader, but haven't seen it at piracy shops.

You haven't looked very hard then.

> Just wondering about the Kernel. It's possible to compile, but even of
> Linux users, not everyone does it.

No not everyone does, but the option is there if they want to.

>Still, what majority users want is
> simple to use OS, that they can't screw up - while one typo in kernel can
> and will make you format it and reinstall.
> Solver

One wrong deleted file in windows will force you to format and reinstall also.
One mail attachment opened can have the same effect.

While I don't care for Microsoft, I don't hate them either (althought its fun
to bash MS). I don't trust them and don't use any MS software anymore. But I
am entitled to that opinion.
I feel Linux is a strong OS and will live on with or without MS bashing it.