Sunday 17 Jun 2001 13:20, "Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Juan Carlos wrote:
> > Hello All.
> >
> > I am a new Linux user. I have install Mandrake 8.0 today and I am very
> > happy with it from now. But I have a little problem. I don't know where
> > is the volumen control, if there is one in linux. I use Xawtv and I don't
> > know also how to make lower the volume of the sound. Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks.

> >_____ mensaje enviado desde http://www.iespana.es
> > emails (pop)-paginas web (espacio illimitado)-agenda-favoris
> > (bookmarks)-foros
>
> Use the arrow keys...to change channels (one set of arrow keys tunes the
> channel, the other changes), and I think its plus or minus for volume.

Many thanks for the info.

But when I press the keys '+' and '-' appears in the top of Xawtv window
"Volume ??%" where ?? is a number. But the volume of the  sound not changes.
When I press '-' to 0% I continue hearing the sound. The volume is not
changing.

Another problem I have with Xawtv is that when I run it first, after a PC
reboot It don't show the image, just a blue window. I must go to Options
windows (right click of mouse) and press on "TV norm" to make it works.

Any ideas for my problems?