think about it like this...they (Mandrake) never really
were a business...it all starts as a project and that's all
it takes. take a look at Slackware...no commercial
representation or support, yet miraculously, it still gets
worked on/updated (every eon or so - LOL)

+-----
+  Jeffrey M. Reed
+  Linux System Administrator
+  Metro West Boston Linux User Group