It was Wed, 20 Jun 2001 20:21:20 +0300 when strab dogg wrote:

>1.Who of you has ISDN ? I need that someone tells me how to config. it . I
>tried , but it didn't connect .

www.wurtel.demon.nl has good info on this all. I have ISDN also. On the old
machine there is no problem but on the new pc it is slow as a snail on
molasses in mid-winter.
Also check www.isdn4linux.de

>2. I downloaded a file ( it is ICQ for linux ) it packed into .tar . So what
>do i do whit this file ? In windows its just a zip what you unzip and then
>you get the install or the prog , but in linux if i unpack it there are just
>some strage files .

cd /tmp
tar -xvf path-to-file/file.tar
cd <name of dir created from tar>
./configure
make
su
make install

That is the usual thing. If there is no configure, let us know what files you
do have.
Paul

--
Well begun is half done.