Finally, my health permits an attempt to learn something of MD Linux ver
7.2. As any newbie might, after an apparently snag free installation, I
click on the kde desktop icons. Access to the cdrom is ok but a click on
the floppy icon produces the fol msg box:
*unable to enter file:/mnt/floppy. You do not have
access rights to this location*. (even tho I'm root)

Initially, I thought the problem may lie with the fact that I'd added an
LS-120 floppy (which connects via the hdd data cable) but removing same
had no effect. I downloaded MD 8 with the same problem manifesting. Have
done numerous installations on both shared hdd as well as LM alone but no
joy.

Processor type pentium2  @400  mHz
RAM 128
HD type ide  10gb
CD-ROM type ide
Graphic card ATI 3D Rage Pro  Video RAM 8
Sound card SB 16-bit  Network card 3Comm 10/100

Request assistance.
-Ken

      • ... John Farrell
  • ... Валерий Хоменко